Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
Cerillo Extended Warranty
- Legal Contract. This is a legal contract (“Contract”). By purchasing it, you understand that it is such a contract and acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to read the terms and conditions set forth herein. You must retain Your Contract order form, receipt, or such other confirmation of purchase (“Receipt”), which contains information about the term of the contract, the purchase price of the Contract (“Contract Purchase Price”), and the covered goods (“Product(s)”). Unless revised by Us with at least seven (7) days advance written notice to You, this Contract (including its terms, conditions, limitations, exceptions, and exclusions) and the Receipt constitute the entire agreement, and no representation, promise, or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms. This is not a contract of insurance.
- Definitions. “We,” “Us,” and “Our” mean the company obligated under this Contract, as follows: Cerillo, Inc., located at 107 E. Water Street, Charlottesville, Virginia 22902. “You” and “Your” mean the individual who purchased this Contract or the individual to whom this Contract was properly transferred. Your name and address are set out on the Receipt.
- What This Contract Covers. This Contract covers the cost of parts and labor to repair Your Product in the event Your Product experiences a mechanical or electrical breakdown due to mechanical or electrical defects during the Term, which is not excluded under 4 (What is Not Covered Under the Contract). If We determine that We cannot service or repair Your Product as specified in this Contract, we may at our discretion replace the Product with a replacement product.
Replacement parts will be new, rebuilt, or non-original manufacturer’s parts that perform to the factory specifications of the Product at Our sole option. This Contract covers all authorized return shipping charges during the Term. We will also pay for shipping and handling fees to return the repaired or replacement Product to you (if we elect to repair or replace the defective Product). You must coordinate shipping and handling charges with us prior to return shipment.
OUR TOTAL LIABILITY UNDER THIS CONTRACT RELATING TO ALL CLAIMS THAT YOU MAKE PURSUANT TO THIS CONTRACT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
A copy of this Contract can be found at https://cerillo.bio/extended-warranty-terms/.
4. What This Contract Does Not Cover. This section sets out what is not covered by this Contract. That means that We will not provide coverage (whether in the form of the cost of parts and labor, repair, replacement, or otherwise) under this Contract for the following:
(a) Damage resulting or arising from:
(i) wear and tear;
(ii) pre-existing defects or conditions, which are defects or other conditions that existed prior to the effective date of this Contract;
(iii) accidental damage from handling, including drops, spills, or liquid damage;
(iv) unauthorized modifications to the Product, including the unauthorized removal, bypass, or disabling of features;
(v) unauthorized repairs;
(vi) intentional damage or the misuse or abuse of the Product;
(vii) the introduction of foreign objects or incompatible goods into the Product;
(viii) Acts of God, war, invasion or act of foreign enemy, terrorism, cyberattack, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, strikes, lockouts, labor disturbances, or civil commotion;
(ix) third-party acts, including theft and vandalism;
(x) failure to properly install and/or perform preventative maintenance, as outlined in any accompanying instructional booklets, guides or information;
(xi) freezing or overheating not caused by a mechanical or electrical breakdown or defect; or
(xii) any improper use or such cause other than normal use and operation of the Product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications, instructions, or owner’s manual.
(b) Furthermore, this Contract does not cover:
(i) cosmetic damage repair or related cleanings;
(ii) CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DOWN-TIME, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR LOST DATA RESULTING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY PRODUCT OR FROM DELAYS IN SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO RENDER SERVICE.
(iii) consumable parts such as batteries/filters/toner/parts];
(iv) preventative maintenance;
(v) liability for bodily injury, death, or property damage arising out of the use, operation, or maintenance of the Product;or
(vi) damage incurred during shipping unless covered by purchase order.
There is no coverage if We determine that Your Product is not damaged or defective.
5. Requesting service. If Your Product experiences a breakdown or defect, You can file a claim by emailing Cerillo’s Customer Success team at “firstname.lastname@example.org”. You may process your claim online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. We will first attempt to troubleshoot the problem You are experiencing. If We cannot resolve the problem, You will be directed to return the Product to us. We will provide a free prepaid shipping label or a return merchandise authorization label to Our authorized service center. You are responsible for safe packaging and shipment of Your Product. You must present the Receipt, or a copy of the Receipt, to obtain service. All claims must be reported during the term of this Contract. You must protect Your Product against further damage pending service.
6. Coverage Term. The term of the Contract (“Term“) is set out in the Receipt.
7. Renewal. This Contract is not renewable unless the parties mutually agree in writing.
8. Cancellation by Us. This Contract may be cancelled by Us for any reason by notifying You in writing at the address indicated on the Receipt at least 7 days prior to the effective date of cancellation. The notice will state the effective date and reason for cancellation. If We cancel this Contract, You will receive a pro rata refund of the Contract Purchase Price based on the time remaining on the Contract. We will pay the applicable refund within 30 days of cancellation.
9. Arbitration. Most of Your concerns about the Contract can be addressed by contacting Us at “email@example.com”. In the event We cannot resolve any dispute relating to this Contract with You, then we both agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration before a single arbitrator administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) in accordance with its arbitration rules. Unless the parties agree otherwise, the arbitration hearing shall be held in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We both give up the right to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contract in court, whether in front of only a judge, or in front of a judge and a jury. The parties agree to arbitrate solely on an individual basis, and that this Contract does not permit class arbitration or any claims brought as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative arbitration proceeding. Neither the AAA nor the arbitrator shall have the power to consolidate more than one person’s claims or to otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. A judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.